Computer Security is increasingly important to protect yourself and your family from exposure to online threats.
We can check your network, computers and mobile devices and suggest appropriate measures to fix vulnerabilities, such as:
- Installing a rock-solid security suite
- Firewall & Spam Filter configuration
- Installing Parental Controls
- Securing a WiFi network
- Changing weak or non-existent passwords
- Changing default login passwords left on network equipment
- Installing an automated backup system
- Installing tracing software in case of theft
- Drive Encrypton (especially laptops)
We’ve seen an increase in the number of crypto virus attacks recently. The crypto virus is ransomware: malicious software which holds your files to ransome. When a Windows computer is infected, it encrypts all your files and then posts a message asking for payment to decrypt them, threatening to destroy them if it doesn’t get paid. You can our full article about this here: Beware The Crypto Virus.
To avoid being susceptible to such a virus (or to limit your exposure), it's important that some of the above measures are taken before the attack occurs.