Job Title: IT Support Engineer (1st/2nd Line)
Key Responsibilities: Remote & On-site IT support
Ideal Technologies: Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/8/10 & Mac OS, Office 365, Hyper-V, VMware
Location: Based in Leatherhead
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000-£28,000 + Monthly Bonus + Ongoing Training
Working Hours: 9am-5.30pm (occasional out-of-hours work)
Start: July/August 2018
TipTop IT Support provides IT management and monitoring services to Businesses in Surrey & South West London. Our clients typically range from 1-100 users in a multitude of environments, from small home-offices to larger multi-site offices.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hands-on person to join our growing IT Support team, providing customer-facing solutions primarily mainly to our business clients via on-site visits and telephone/remote support. The successful candidate will be a logical thinker, able to demonstrate problem solving skills in a time-efficient matter. They should have excellent communication skills, telephone manner, and a good command of the English language. They should be a polite, presentable individual, with a dynamic, go-getting attitude towards work. They should have ability to work well individually or as a team. They should be a punctual individual, with good attention to detail, and administration skills should be of a high standard.
– Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients to promote high level of customer service.
– Resolution of 1st/2nd line support issues and requests via remote support or on-site visits.
– Routine systems administration tasks.
– Undertake installation and maintenance of clients’ IT infrastructure, on-site or remotely.
Applicants should ideally have, or be traininfg for, an MSCA: Windows Server 2012, or similar server-based qualification.
Excellent knowledge and experience installing, troubleshooting and maintaining (to a 1st/2nd line level):
– Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/8/10 & Mac OS.
– Virtualisation including Hyper-V & VMware
– Server/PC Hardware and Software issues.
– RAID (mainly 1 & 5)
– Hosted Exchange (mainly Office 365) and DNS configuration (eg. for switching hosts).
– Routers, Firewall and Switches.
– Full, Clean UK driving license and car.
– Willingness to travel to clients’ premises.
– SolarWinds Backup, RMM & MSP Manager
– DrayTek Routers & APs
– Cloud Technologies (eg. Dropbox, Egnyte)
– NAS devices (esp. QNAP & Syncology)
– Apple networking equipment (eg. Apple Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme & Express)
– Mobile Devices (esp. Android & Apple iOS)
To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.